The Hunter Safety Awards (HSAs) held their annual Gala night on the 17th March 2017 which was attended by 400 safety professionals and nominated organisations. The Hunter Safety Awards acknowledge local businesses who have integrated work, health and safety as part of their core business.
The Awards were born out of desire to recognise companies and individuals within the Hunter region who are demonstrating best-practice and innovative approaches when it comes to workplace health and safety (WHS). Whilst the name may be the Hunter Safety Awards, these awards acknowledge the full gamut of WHS, including the idea of embracing wellness as part of a workplace, maintaining a healthy life – both at work and at home, as well as the more traditional safety elements such as PPE, risk assessments and safety management planning.
As an integrated risk management organisation, Greencap works with many companies and individuals assisting them in managing their risk. We see the time, effort and resources that is put into the systems and culture to make these workplaces safety. Being able to be part of these awards is a way to acknowledge and recognise those efforts for which Greencap is proud to be part of.
There are 10 awards that organisations and individuals can submit nominations for as below, with the WHS business of the year selected from those submissions
- WHS Business of the Year – winner: Mainstream Industries
- WHS Champion of the Year – winner: James Brown (Red Insight)
- Young WHS Leader of the Year – winner: Lauren Meldrum (Reliance Hexham)
- Most Innovative WHS Idea (Large organisation) – winner: Anglican Care
- Most Innovative WHS Idea (SME) – winner: Take5apps
- Best WHS Management System (Large organisation) – winner: Laing O’Rourke (sponsored by Greencap)*
- Best WHS Management System (SME) – winner: Mainstream Industries
- Best WHS Improvement (Large organisation) – winner: Lake Coal
- Best WHS Improvement (SME) – winner: Valley Electrical & Air
- WHS Student of the Year – winner: Lee Oakman (GB Auto Group)
- Best WHS Training Course – winner: Training Wheels
* Greencap were proud to again sponsor the award for Best WHS Management system (Large Organisation) with Laing O’Rourke the winner for the second year running – well done guys!
Greencap are now looking forward to being involved with the Hunter Safety Awards once more in 2018 and encourage all companies in the Hunter area to put in a submission for next years awards.
Click Here for more information.