Greencap recently commenced a national seminar series ‘Taking Action on Hidden Asbestos in Imported Goods’ with the vision to improve awareness on this topical issue and provide practical tips on how to mitigate the risks associated with imported products.
Our presenting subject matter experts were joined by industry and governing representatives from:
- WorkSafe Victoria
- SafeWork South Australia
- SafeWork New South Wales
- Infrastructure Finance and Capital Works (ACT Government)
- Department of Health, University of Western Australia
By collaborating with these organisations, each presentation was tailored to the regulations and codes of practice of each state and covered the key topics of compliance and responsibilities of PCBUs. The impacts of building construction materials being identified on sites were discussed, as well as ways to minimise the potential to receive illegal asbestos.
The feedback from attendees has been very positive – highlighted strong points include:
- “great industry knowledge, with relevant references to recent project issues”
- “down-to-Earth advice from subject matter experts”
- “real world examples and suggestions”
- “well explained by the experienced SMEs”
- “useful references to codes and acts”
Upcoming Seminar Dates
There are two seminars remaining in this national series. Join us as we present with guest speakers from Workplace Health and Safety Queensland and SafeWork NSW.
Co-Presented by Workplace Health & Safety Queensland
Co-Presented by SafeWork NSW